The Inn Marin has incorporated Corporate Social Responsibility into our business since the day we opened our doors. The Inn Marin is a leader in CSR in four areas: Green Initiatives, Community Involvement, Community Give-Back and Employee Enhancement and Retention.
We have talked about our green initiatives in other issues of our newsletter and on our blog, so in this post we wanted to focus on Community Involvement and Community Give Back programs.
Our team members have served thousands of volunteer hours on boards and committees of the following community organizations:
* Novato Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors as well as Tourism, Art and Wine Festival, Golf , and Women in Business Committees
* Rotary- Board of Directors and Committees for both Ignacio and Novato Rotary
* Leadership of Meeting Professionals International Northern CA Chapter Board of Directors and Committee Chair
* Society of Government Meeting Planners (SGMP) Membership
* Marin Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Board of Directors 12 years
* Cub Scouts Leader
* Guide Dogs for the Blind Canine Heroes Gala
* Green Meetings Industry Council Northern CA Chapter Board of Directors for Education
* Education – volunteering in our children’s schools
We talk about Rickey’s Community Give back programs in a lot but you might not know that:
* The Inn Marin joined Hotels that Help in July of 2009 proceeds, are donated to Marin Community Food Bank.
* Partnered with the Green Industry Meeting Council Northern CA to create a half day educational conference Green Meetings – Making it Real featuring keynote speaker Hunter Lovins, Time Magazine’s 2000 Hero of the Planet
* In the past 12 years the Inn Marin and Rickey’s have donated gift certificates worth over $350,000.00 to non-profit organizations.
* To enhance the economic development of Novato and Marin County we have hosted three press familiarization tours bringing over 70 travel writers to show what Marin County has to offer as a destination to the world.